The 100 Best Positive Affirmations For Happiness
This list is made up of my Top 100 favourite Positive Affirmations. I use all of these in my days as an Exercise Physiologist, Nutrition Consultant, Pilates and Meditation Teacher. Also in times where I practice EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) on myself and with my clients, to help break down old past beliefs and outdated programs. Understanding that negative affirmations – the fears, anxieties, anger, hurt, regrets and helplessness can easily rob you of real joy and happiness.
So just to preface this affirmation list, let’s look at why positive affirmations are so important for happiness. As I explain in my meditation classes… regret, anger and unhappiness breed when you allow your thoughts about the past to constantly steal your attention away from what’s happening right now. Just as constant worrying thoughts of the future breed anxiety, fear and overwhelm. We are constantly obsessing about events that happened in the past or worrying about the future. What is important to realise is that this addiction to thinking is often fruitless, as there is nothing we can do about the past and the future is still yet to unfold. Happiness can really only be found in the present moment. The only moment that matters. Why? The present moment is where we live. The present moment is where we make choices. The present moment is where we make change in our lives. Being aware of this is the first step, and then actively practicing observing thoughts as they come in.
I’m not saying I find this easy to do every day, and that’s the point. We will all find this challenging. So today I was having a ‘self-doubt’ day, so instead of wallowing (for too long), I decided to be productive and finally compile this list.
So use these Affirmations as a great tool to focus on while practicing being in the present moment. I always teach clients that you must say these affirmations to yourself with belief! Loudly! You need to make them feel strong and have them overpower other thoughts, emotions and feelings that are trying to steal your attention (and happiness) away.
With many women, I also notice that the other thief of joy is not accepting yourself and not nurturing your body with the love and kindness it deserves. There are many great affirmations in this list for those who struggle to love who they see in the mirror. Life is too short to waste time on negativity and wallowing!
Ok, so pick your favourites from the list, put them on Sticky Notes, and plaster them around your house right now.
THE TOP 100 LIST:
1. I totally and completely love and accept myself.
2. I am enough.
3. I feed my body healthy nourishing food and give it healthy nourishing exercise because it deserves to be taken care of.
4. I love and respect myself
5. I love the feelings I get when I exercise. I am beautiful, flexible and strong.
6. I love and appreciate my body!
7. My body is a gift.
8. Food doesn’t have to be the enemy, it can be nurturing and healing.
9. Life is too short and too precious to waste time obsessing about my body. I am going to take care of it to the best of my ability and get out of my head and into the world.
10. I believe in myself!
11. I am strong, vibrant and healthy!
12. I have everything inside of me that I need to take care of myself.
13. Only good experiences lie before me.”.
14. I am worthy of love.
15. As long as I am good, kind, and hold myself with integrity, it doesn’t matter what other people think of me.
16. I confidently go after what I want in life.
17. When I compare myself to others, I destroy myself, I don’t want to destroy myself so I’ll just continue on my journey, not worrying about other people’s journeys.
18. Confidence comes naturally to me.
19. It’s okay for me to like myself. It’s okay for me to love myself.
20. I have to be an advocate for me. I can’t rely on anyone else to do that for me.
21. A “perfect” body is one that works, no matter what that means for you personally.
22. It’s okay for me to trust the wisdom of my body.
23. “All is well. Life loves me and provides for me.” (Louise Hay)
24. If I spend too much time trying to be and look like someone else, I cease to pay attention to myself, my virtues, my path, and my journey.
25. I am flexible. I adapt to change quickly and easily.
26. Accepting myself as I am right now is the first step in changing, growing and evolving.
27. Self-respect is super sexy and attractive.
28. I can only go forward, so although I can learn from it, I refuse to dwell on the past.
29. ALL images in magazines are airbrushed, photoshopped, and distorted.
30. If people actively judge or insult me, it’s because they feel badly about themselves. No one who feels good about themselves has the need to put someone down to elevate themselves- they have better things to do with their time.
31. I have no need to put someone down to elevate myself.
32. I can be a good person if I choose to be.
33. It’s my life, I can choose the way I want to live it.
34. When I smile, I actually make other people happy.
35. My life is Balanced.
36. I am unique. I feel good about being alive and being me!
37. I am OK as I am. I accept and love myself.
38. Progress is not linear. It’s normal for me to go forward and then backward, and then forward again.
39. I enjoy feeling good. It’s okay for me to feel good.
40. I AM healthy in mind, body, and spirit!
41. I am safe.
42. I choose health and healing over diets and punishing myself.
43. My opinion of myself is the only one I truly know and it’s the only one that counts. I can choose my opinion of myself.
44. When I am in my head too much, I can return to my breath, just breathe and be okay. There is only this moment.
45. It’s okay to let others love me, why wouldn’t they?
46. I am brave.
47. I am compassionate and warm. My presence is delightful to people.
48. My very existence makes the world a better place.
49. I am perfect, whole, and complete just the way I am.
50. I let go of the past and enjoy living int he present moment.
51. Getting older makes me smarter.
52. It’s okay not to be the best all the time.
53. My well-being is the most important thing to me. I am responsible for taking care of me. We are each responsible for ourselves.
54. No one has the power to make me feel bad about myself without my permission.
55. Thank you body for carrying me through life.
56. I eat for energy and nourishment.
57. i forgive myself for holding onto fear. I now release it with love.
58. I can be conscious in my choices.
59. I choose to feel a gentle comfort within me.
60. I can handle whatever happens.
61. “I am loved and accepted exactly as I am, right here and right now. ” – Louise Hay
62. Being skinny doesn’t make me good. Being fat doesn’t make me bad.
63. I love creating new delicious meals from fresh food.
64. Life doesn’t start 10 pounds from now, it’s already started. I can make the choice to include myself in it.
65. I easily let go of anger as it is damaging to my body. I forgive and send love.
66. I am a unique gift to the world.
67. Sometimes sitting around and doing nothing is just what the doctor ordered. It’s okay to let myself relax.
68. I am a human being, not a human doing. It’s okay to just be sometimes. I don’t always have to be doing.
69. My brain is my sexiest body part.
70. I release all drama from my life and now get energy from peace.
71. My life is what I make of it. I have all the power here.
72. I am proud of myself.
73. My body can do awesome things.
74. If I am healthy, I am so very blessed.
75. I forgive everyone that has ever hurt me. I am free.
76. I make time to be in nature. I love and respect the Earth.
77. I can trust my intuition. It’s here to guide me.
78. Just because I am taking care of myself and being an advocate for myself doesn’t mean I’m selfish.
79. Not everyone has to like me. I just have to like me.
80. It’s not about working on myself it’s about being okay with who I already am.
81. My needs are just as important as anyone else.
82. “I know that I can create miracles in my life “ – Louise Hay
83. I will make peace with my body.
84. Thighs, thank you for carrying me.
85. Belly, thank you for holding in all my organs and helping me digest.
86. Skin, thank you for shielding and protecting me.
87. Other people don’t dictate my choices for me, I know what’s best for myself.
88. I feed my body life affirming foods so that I can be healthy and vital.
89. Taking care of myself feels good.
90. “All is well. Life loves me and provides for me.” (Louise Hay).
91. There is more to life than losing weight. I’m ready to experience it.
92. If I let go of my obsession with food and my body weight, there is a whole world waiting for me to explore.
93. The numbers on the scale are irrelevant to who I am as a human.
94. I send love to all living beings. Everyone is equal and deserves respect.
95. I am still beautiful when I’m having a bad hair day.
96. My nose gives me the ability to breathe. Breath gives me the ability to be an amazingly grounded, solid person.
97. Being grounded and whole is what makes me beautiful. If I don’t feel grounded and whole, I can get there just by being still, breathing, listening to my intuition, and doing what I can to be kind to myself and others.
98. I am not bad and I don’t deserve to be punished, not by myself and not by others.
99. I deserve to be treated with love and respect and so do you. I choose to do and say kind things for and about myself and for and about others.
100. All is well, and so am I.
Do you have a positive affirmations that you love that I can add to the list? If so, please add them into the comments below.