Here’s How To Get Amazing Legs Without Leaving The House!
So you want toned, amazing legs without leaving the house? No time and money for a gym? No problem! This tried and tested at-home workout is guaranteed to have your legs and butt looking toned and amazing in no time! There are 2 circuits, with 2 exercises in each. To complete one circuit, repeat all reps of the 2 exercises continuously for 6 minutes until the timer goes off. Repeat each circuit twice, so the workout is 2 x 6 minutes x 2 circuits = 24 minutes.
Exercise 1: One Legged Bridge Lifts (20 each side)
The bridge is a great place to start, as it warms up your legs, butt and lower back in a safe position. The bridge will make sure your glutes on both sides are activated and working correctly.
1. Begin lying flat on your back with your arms up, palms together (see image). Bend your knees, placing your heels as close as you can to your bum.
2. With your heels pressing firmly into the ground, draw your belly button into your spine and lift your hips up into a bridge.
3. Put your weight through your left leg and lift the right foot up until the right knee is straight. Keeping your belly in tight and the right foot high, slowly lower and raise the hips evenly up and down from the floor, squeeze up through the glutes, for 20 reps.
4. Repeat on the other side for 20 reps.
Exercise 2: Ballet Squats on your toes (20 reps)
This variation of a squat will have your calves and thighs looking amazing in no time.
1. Stand with legs wide and toes pointed outward slightly, near a wall or bar for support if needed.
2. Lightly place your left hand on the wall or bar for support if you need to and place your right arm out directly in front on you.
3. Come up right onto your tip toes. Stay on your toes and bend down until your knees are at just above 90 degrees, then straighten your legs without dropping your heels. This completes one rep.
4. Complete 20 reps.
Exercise 1: Dumbell Squat with Leg Raise (20 each side)
1. Stand with your feet shoulder-width distance apart, feet parallel. Hold a dumbell in each hand. Bend your knees, lowering your hips deeply so your thighs are parallel with the floor, keeping your weight back in your heels.
2. Then rise back up, straightening the legs completely and lifting the right leg out to the side and letting the arms come outwards in a lateral raise.
3. As you step the foot back into shoulder-width distance position, squat down again. This counts as one rep. Stand up repeating on the SAME side for 20 reps then do 20 standing on the left leg.
Exercise 2: Elbow Plank Donkey Kicks (20 each side)
1. Start in an elbow plank position.
2. Bend your left knee to a 90-degree angle, keeping your back straight and belly pulled in tight. Lift your left leg up until you feel your left glute engage. Flex your foot, and pulse the foot toward the ceiling by squeezing your glute. Do not move the torso at all — the motion is just in the hip joint.
3. Pulse 20 times on the left, and while staying in the plank, change and repeat on the right.
6-minute rounds. Do both circuits twice each.
DO ALL REPS FOR BOTH EXERCISES IN THE CIRCUIT CONTINUOUSLY FOR 6 MINUTES
UNTIL THE TIMER GOES OFF, TO COMPLETE ONE ROUND OF ONE CIRCUIT.
Therefore the workout is 2 x 6 min x 2 circuits= 24 MINUTES.
Enjoy this 24 Minute at home circuit workout! If your back or knees hurt at any time, stop and recheck your form and make sure your lower abdominals are pulled in tight for support.
For more fun and effective at-home workout circuits, check out my 12 Week A-List Body Transformation Program. It will give you all the tools you need for fun workouts, weekly healthy diet plans and mindset activities for confidence and success at the click of a button.