Your Flat Belly Alkaline Recipe – Broccoli Soup
Flat Belly Alkaline Recipe: Vegan Creamy Broccoli Soup
Metabolism Boosting, Alkalising, Detoxing & Delicious
Want a flat belly alkaline recipe? This soup recipe is part of the Celebrity Trainer A-List Body Guide – 21 Day Alkaline Eating Plan.Soup nourishes the body, especially when it’s jam-packed with metabolism-boosting, detoxifying nutrients like this creamy vegan broccoli soup is.The calcium and vitamin C in broccoli helps you burn more calories, while nutmeg and cayenne help boost your immunity, protect against disease, and increase your metabolism. The high fibre content makes this soup a good option when you want to detox; the garlic in the soup helps flush out toxins from your body as well. This tasty and creamy soup makes a hearty main when paired with whole grain bread or a salad.
- 4 large broccoli stalks, chopped (use both the stems and florets)
- 1/2 cup spring onions, chopped
- 1L Low Salt Vegetable Stock
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup rice milk
- Bring stock to the boil in a large pot over high heat. Add broccoli and reduce heat. Cover and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add the spring onions and garlic and cook until tender, stirring from time to time.
- Stir the spring onions and garlic into the broth. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Working in batches, puree until smooth in a blender or food processor. Return the puree to the pot.
- Combine the nutmeg and cayenne in a small bowl and stir in the rice milk. Gradually stir this mixture into the puree.
- Return the soup to medium heat and cook until heated through, stirring from time to time. Serve hot. Makes four servings.