Good For The Soul Broccoli Soup
Want a soup that is good for the soul? Broccoli soup nourishes the body, especially when it’s jam-packed with metabolism-boosting, detoxifying nutrients like this creamy vegan broccoli soup is. The calcium and vitamin C in broccoli helps you burn more calories while nutmeg and cayenne help boost your immunity, protect against disease and increase your metabolism. The high fibre content makes this soup a good option when you want to detox; the garlic in the soup helps flush out toxins from your body as well.
4 large broccoli stalks, chopped (use both the stems and florets)
1 cup spring onions, chopped
1L Low Salt Vegetable Stock
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 or 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 cup rice milk
1. Bring stock to the boil in a large pot over high heat. Add broccoli and reduce heat. Cover and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add the spring onions and garlic and cook until tender, stirring from time to time.
3. Stir the spring onions and garlic into the broth. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Working in batches, puree until smooth in a blender or food processor. Return the puree to the pot.
5. Combine the nutmeg and cayenne in a small bowl and stir in the rice milk. Gradually stir this mixture into the puree.
6. Return the soup to medium heat and cook until heated through, stirring from time to time. Serve hot. Makes four servings.
For more tasty recipes, check out my 21-Day Alkaline Eating Plan. This Guide is full of nourishing recipes and important information that will help you lose the kilos for good and heal your body from internal stress.